Sunday, August 22, 2010

A long time coming...

Bridger at the aquarium
Bridger wants to be a crusty old cowboy in the rodeo, so he went riding on Misty, with Whitney's help.
Sheena, Dani, Sarah, Kenna, Jordan

JD and I went to Oregon over spring break, I made him get his haircut after I took the picture below. I think he looks a lot more handsome with short hair.


JD and my Dad, we went to a huge mall and had fun just looking around. My dad is so cute!



Our new house.


Shane, Gene, and Josh in Alaska
Cute little Kenna
Well, a lot has happened in the past year; some things were not particularly great, but we are dealing with it. Recently we moved to Colorado, after 19 years in Utah. Gene lost his job, thanks economy, and after a year, he now works for JBS company. He moved in March and JD and I moved in July. I quit my job, or else I would never see Gene, and I am now working at Loveland High School. I miss my friends and students and more importantly my great neighbors and my beautiful girls. When we moved to Utah all of the girls were with me, now I had to leave them behind with their spouses and kids. This has been extremely difficult for me since I adore all of my girls.

Gene works a lot of hours and so he thought it best to sell the horses even though I put up a fight. Misty was sold this past week and we are trying to sell the other two horses. We had Misty for 18years! I must really love my husband is all I can say.

In July, we celebrated 32 years of marriage. I went to a wedding for my beautiful niece Maura in New Mexico. On August 4, I started my new job. Yuck! I would have still been on vacation, darn it. I don't know why we should be living in Colorado, but I am hoping that I will learn to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Utah.

I picked Gene up from the airport today. He just returned from fishing in Alaska; the trip had been planned for two years. He went with his brother Shane and with our son-in-law Josh, Sarah's husband. For those of you who don't know, we have two son-in-laws named Josh. Gene brought home lots of fish, salmon and halibut, and we decided to try the halibut today. I don't usually like fish, but I have to admit the halibut isn't too bad.

Whitney and Dani are away at school once again. I know they will continue to do a great job! It is weird not having them with us, but I know they have to grow up. Utah has been the only home they have ever known, but I know they will adapt.

0 comments: